819.7008 Sole source awards to a verified veteran-owned small business.
(a) A contracting officers may award a contract to a verified VOSB concern using procedures other than competitive procedures provided—
(1) The anticipated award price of the contract (including options) will not exceed $5 million;
(2) The justification prepared pursuant to FAR 6.302-5(c)(2)(ii) is posted in accordance with FAR subpart 5.301(d);
(3) The VOSB concern has been determined to be a responsible source with respect to performance;
(4) In the estimation of the contracting officer, contract award can be made at a fair and reasonable price that offers best value to the government; and
(5) No responsible SDVOSB concern has been identified.
(b) The contracting officer’s determination whether to make a sole source award is a business decision wholly within the discretion of the contracting officer. To ensure that opportunities are available to the broadest number of verified SDVOSB/VOSBs, this authority is to be used judiciously and only when in the best interest of the government.
(c) A determination that only one VOSB can meet the requirement is not required. However, in accordance with FAR 6.302-5(c)(2)(ii), contracts awarded using this authority shall be supported by a written justification and approval described in FAR 6.303 and 6.304, as applicable.
(d) When conducting a VOSB sole source acquisition, the contracting officer shall ensure the business meets eligibility requirements 819.7003.
(e) A procurement requirement estimated to exceed the legislative threshold of $5 million shall not be split or subdivided to permit the use of this VOSB sole source authority.
819.7009 Contract clauses. The contracting officer shall insert clause 852.219-10, VA Notice of Total ServiceDisabled Veteran-Owned Small Business Set-Aside or clause 852.219-11, VA Notice of Total Veteran-Owned Small Business Set-Aside as applicable, in open market solicitations and contracts for acquisitions set-aside under this subpart.